Sasria SOC Limited (“Sasria”) will on an ongoing basis receive and process Personal Information and is committed to ensuring that privacy and integrity of Personal Information received through this website. The processing of Personal Information is regulated by the Protection of Personal Information Act, 4 of 2013 (“POPIA”)
POPIA defines Personal Information as information relating to an identifiable, living, natural person and where applicable, an identifiable, existing person. This includes but not limited to names, Identity numbers, and nationality.
In order to give effect to the provisions of POPIA, Sasria is obliged to provide any person whose Personal Information is processed by it with details relating to the use of and processing of such Personal Information before it is used or processed.
- Consent to process
By accessing and/or using this website, you:
- give Sasria consent to process and further process your Personal Information for the required purpose;
Where Personal Information is provided to Sasria on behalf of another or is that of a minor, such Personal Information will not be processed unless such a query pr request is accompanied by the necessary permission or consent from the owner of that Personal Information, or the minor’s parent or legal guardian, whichever is applicable.
- Receipt and use of Personal Information
Sasria will receive your Personal Information when you submit a query or request through available channels (namely email link and/or “contact us” platform). The use or processing of Personal Information shall be for business purposes which include but not limited to assisting visitor with complaints or escalation thereof as.
To handle any query or request correctly, Sasria may from time to time share the Personal Information with its employees or agents. Sasria will not share any of your Personal Information with any third parties unless it is legally obliged to do so for legal or regulatory purposes, or as provided for in POPIA.
On receipt and in response to a query or a request received via this website, Sasria may transmit its own Personal Information and such Personal Information may only be used by you or the receiving party for the purposes relating to the request or query and for no other purpose.
You can remove or block cookies using the settings in your browser, but in some cases may impact certain features of the Online Services to be unavailable to you.
- Security of Personal Information
Due to the nature of the internet, it is not possible to guarantee that Personal Information submitted or posted on our website is secure. Sasria will strive to maintain a safe and comfortable browsing experience with minimum risks to the visitor. Notwithstanding this, Sasria cannot be held responsible for any loss or unauthorised use or interception of Personal Information transmitted through the website, which is beyond Sasria’s reasonable control.
The Sasria website may and/or contain links to other websites outside of Sasria’s control and Sasria is not responsible for the content, privacy or security of websites controlled by third party websites. Sasria also makes use of social plugin of social networks such as Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Twitter. Sasria, will not be held liable for any processing or use of Personal Information transmitted through the social plugins.
- Policy Changes
Sasria reserves the right to update or amend this Policy from time to time. You are therefore encouraged to review the Policy when visiting the website for any changes.
The amended version of this Policy shall supersede and replace all previous versions thereof.
 Means a public or private body or any other person who determines the purpose of and means for processing Personal Information.
 Means a person who processes Personal Information for a Responsible Party in terms of a contract or mandate, without coming under the direct authority of that part.
- In order to access and use the e-learning portal, you will be required to register an account on the Website and submit certain personal information such as your name and Identity number. Thereafter you will be assigned a unique username and password.
- You confirm that all the information you provide is accurate and complete in all respects.
- Once you have created your account, you will be responsible for securing your Account log in details. You must not share you account log in details with any third party or permit any third party to gain access to your account.
- CONSENT FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL INFORMATION
- I acknowledge that in order to make use of this e-learning portal and to be eligible for CPD points, it is necessary to provide Sasria with my personal information, which personal information includes, but is not necessarily limited to my identity number and email address.
- I (as the data subject), by registering an account and using this e-learning Portal, hereby consent to the processing of my personal information as per the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 (“POPIA”), and confirms that:
- the information is supplied voluntarily, without undue influence from any party and not under any duress;
- the information which is supplied herewith is mandatory for the purposes of use of this e-learning Portal and eligibility for CPD points.
- I further acknowledge that I am aware that I have the following rights with regard to such personal information which is hereby collected in accordance with this consent. The right to:
- access the information at any reasonable time for purposes of rectification thereof;
- lodge a complaint to the Information Regulator.
- All content made available on the e-learning portal (for example, text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, digital downloads, data compilations, and software) belongs to Sasria SOC Ltd (“Sasria”), unless we expressly state that it does not and is protected by South African Law. In addition, the compilation of all content on the e-learning Portal is the exclusive property of Sasria, subject only to any agreements which state otherwise, and is protected by South African copyright laws.
- Except if permitted under this or another agreement with Sasria no portion of the e-learning portal may be copied or transmitted via any means available now or in the future.
- Any unauthorised use, alteration or dissemination of the information or content on the e-learning Portal is prohibited.
- You agree that if you breach the terms of this Copyright clause, Sasria will have the right to claim damages against you, which will include the right to claim special, incidental, consequential or indirect damages. Sasria will also be allowed to claim for loss of profits and loss of business and will also be allowed to recover all legal costs on a scale as between attorney and own client.
- Nothing on the e-learning Portal should be regarded as granting any licence or right to use any trademark without Sasria’s prior written permission and/or that of any third party.
- Sasria tries to ensure that the most sophisticated technology protects the information on the e-learning Portal. However, Sasria cannot be held responsible for any consequences that may result from the unlawful breach of copyright or unlawful dissemination of information by third parties copying information off the e-learning Portal. If you suspect a breach or where a breach may have taken place and this comes to your knowledge, please contact us as soon as possible so that we can address the problem.
e-learning Portal Disclaimer:
No information included on the e-learning portal should be regarded as either advice or an intermediary service in terms of the Financial Advisory and Intermediary Services Act of 2002.
While Sasria will take all reasonable measures to ensure an efficient, uninterrupted and error-free service to all its online users, neither Sasria nor any of its employees, representatives or assigns will be liable to any online user for any loss or damage of whatsoever nature caused by or attributable to any:
- fact or circumstance beyond the reasonable control of Sasria, including the breakdown or interruption in the services provided by external service providers and the unavailability or defective performance of any software or any of the services available on or from this e-learning Portal;
- breach of privacy, security or confidentiality or any infringement of intellectual property rights by any person or entity;
- loss, damage, destruction, theft, contamination or corruption of any data, information or content accessible from or available on this e-learning Portal;
- failure by a user to maintain the confidentiality of their personal username and password, or the disclosure of personal usernames and/or passwords to any person or entity;
- cyber-crimes, infection by viruses, Trojan horses, or any other computer programming routines or software that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any software programme, system, data or personal information;
- failure to adhere to the provisions of any terms and conditions governing the use and access to the services and facilities offered on this e-learning Portal;
- any lawful act or omission by Sasria, its representatives and service providers in respect of or relating to the maintenance and support of this e-learning Portal and any supporting software or otherwise in the interests of protecting Sasria’s proprietary rights or the privacy and confidentiality of online users / policyholders and their personal information;
- and consequential or indirect loss or damage whether foreseeable or otherwise.